If you are not already doing so, I recommend that you talk to the Expoguru team as part of your pre-exhibition activity. - James Prosser, Director at Front Events Limited.
Published on Thursday, 03 September 2015 10:12
Exhibiting at the Financial Services Expo London 2015 Billingsgate in a fortnight?
Here are 10 Dos and 10 Don'ts to help you get the best return from your stand:
Plan, write down and share your stand objectives with your team
Schedule staff time on the stand, with plenty of breaks
Keep your stand tidy and safe and include somewhere to put coats, bags, packs of literature etc. out of sight
Look friendly and interested - you have 3-5 seconds to grab attention; give visitors your full attention
Use your giveaways and promote your competition
Channel visitors to your stand
Have a list of ‘key’ questions to filter visitors suitable to your proposition
Limit your time with visitors to fit in with your plan
Make sure your key contacts know you're exhibiting
Take notes to go with the business cards you collect & follow up!
Don’t assume that the right people will find their way to your stand
Don’t wait for customers to approach you
Don’t sit at your stand (try to manage without chairs)
Don’t use your phone on the stand or get side-tracked talking to colleagues
Don’t use tables/displays as 'defensive' barriers
Don't eat or drink while on the stand
Don’t leave crockery, cutlery or bottles on display
Don’t leave bags, boxes or trailing power cables around on your stand
Don’t use chairs as tables for boxes, leaflets etc. or as coat hangers
Don’t under-promote your stand competition
Published on Monday, 22 September 2014 22:02
Attending the Financial Services Expo London 2014 Billingsgate this week?
There’s great value to be had from this year’s event.
Here are 12 top tips from Expoguru, designed to help you get the most from your visit:
- Decide and note the objectives you want to achieve from your FSExpo visit
- Check out layout, exhibitors and seminars here: http://www.financialservicesexpo.co.uk/
- Balance time between seminars and exhibitor visits
- Where possible, pre-book exhibitor meetings
- Pre-arrange meetings with other attendees who you want to see
- Draft a list of ‘key’ questions to filter exhibitor ‘cold approaches’
- Don't just turn up without planning
- Don't assume that you will find the right exhibitor contacts by accident
- Don't limit your time with stand staff - ask those key questions, get contact details and follow up
- Don’t get ‘button-holed’ by exhibitors who don’t ‘fit’ for you
- Don’t assume exhibitors will follow up - you may need to do that
- Don’t expect to be approached, you may be disappointed!
Published on Monday, 29 October 2012 10:00
Jeff analyses what effect, if any, a stand's size has on its effectiveness. Check out this blog post to get the most out of this Autumn's MBE!
Read time - 2 minutes.
Published on Monday, 26 November 2012 13:57
Click through to get Jeff's point of view on Mortgage Business Expo, in his post-exhibition roundup.
Read time - 3 minutes.
Published on Monday, 22 October 2012 10:00
Gifts and giveaways have long been a staple of the exhibition circuit, but how effective are they really? Jeff gives us his take on this hotly-debated topic.
Read time - 3 minutes.